Vick's Waffle Recipe
Monday, September 25, 2023
Here’s my waffle recipe. I’m not sure where I first found it, but I’ve been using it for years and it’s always a hit.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Separate the eggs. Make sure that you don’t let any yolk get into the whites. Set the whites aside.
- Mix the yolks, oil, milk, and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don’t overmix, there should still be some lumps.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gentle fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions. My waffle iron takes a half cup of batter per waffle and makes 4 square waffles at a time.
Serve according to your preference. I like mine with maple syrup. If I’m feeling fancy, I’ll make some whipped cream and serve it with fresh fruit.